Our programme vision
- We are striving to be a sustainable adoption awareness and recruitment engine by
- ensuring consistent, positive adoption communication and engagement,
- providing immediate access to correct adoption information,
- making a tangible, positive impact on adoption, and
- providing a value-added marketing communication service to adoption service providers.
- Ultimately, we envision South Africans embracing adoption in theory and practice.
- Make adoption resources accessible to the general public
The main objective of the programme is to raise awareness and promote adoption as an option.
More specifically, we are aiming to
- create national awareness of adoption as an option,
- change adoption perceptions, attitudes and beliefs across communities,
- empower community opinion leaders to be advocates of adoption, and
- successfully recruit adoptive parents from culturally diverse backgrounds.
The diagram below summarises our main areas of involvement:
The programme consists of five main components:
- A national addoption assistance centre
The adoption assistance centre (hub) encompasses an official South African adoption website (www.adoption.org.za) as well as a help line (072 521 3429). The centre is a single source of accurate adoption information drives queries effectively to the right adoption channels.
- A national media awareness campaign
The national media awareness campaign includes targeted media advertising across several channels to communicate to specific target markets. It also includes a comprehensive public relations campaign.
- Focused community campaigns
The focused, interactive community campaigns are very intensive and are mainly targeted at schools, universities, hospitals and clinics.
- Partner programme
A partner programme for opinion leaders (including doctors and nurses) have been developed, providing the necessary information and “education tools” as well as communicating on a regular basis. This will be a very powerful programme.
- Adoption friends
The programme is reliant on adoption friends offering pro bono services in their areas of expertise or corporate companies “adopting” the programme as their CSI project. There are two distinct needs namely (1) Adoption friends to help with the development of the programme and (2) Adoption friends to help with the implementation of the programme through corporate funding.
The programme is non-judgmental, informative, inspirational and “talks” to the heart. Ultimately, the programme aims to make a tangible difference to the adoption challenge in South Africa.
The programme is a long term programme and are professionally executed, managed and measured. A comprehensive results report is delivered to the Adoption Voice SA steering committee on a quarterly basis.